Friday, February 13, 2015

Greetings from Trinidad

After a looong day flying from Rio to Panamá and then on to Trinidad, we finally made it to San Fernando. 

At first sight (cause it's all I got so far) it looks like this: small town Brazil meets small town India. There are lots of houses, some nice, some not so much, right next to each other. Fortunately our condo is really nice. Big house with lots of space.

Our kitchen

Our living room

We're a five minute walk from a good supermarket that has almost everything that you can find in the US. I've already been there twice and haven't even seen it all. Totally different than what we were used to in Brazil. 

I already got two Brazilian friends whom husbands are also here working in San Fernando. One of them is Flávia, she has two girls, a 4 year old and a 7 month old. She is super nice and has been here for two years already and knows everything, which has been very fortunate for me! Valéria is also super nice and has been here not too long, and like me, is trying to learn everything from Flávia.

The condo complex also has a great pool which we already made use of yesterday. Clara loved it.

Still haven't had the courage to brave the streets of San Fernando driving so, I've been around the house a lot the last two days....but according to Flávia, there isn't much to do anyway :(

Carnaval starts today here too but there is nothing going on in San Fernando. It all happens in Port of Spain. Hopefully we'll make our way to PoS to see it.

By the way, this is how they abbreviate:

TT - Trinidad and Tobago
PoS - Port of Spain 
SF - San Fernando

Clara seems to be getting a bit bored to sit around the house all day (like me) but the other bad news I got was that the school will not take kids under 2 and a half!! So it might be that we'll be stuck at home all day until September :( Now I've been trying to find some activities for her around here so wish me luck.
 
I already miss my life in Ipanema so bad but I'm trying to keep an open mind.... 

Love from TT,
Joana


No comments:

Post a Comment